Tough on the tumor. Easier on you and your caregivers.
The first radiation treatment specifically designed for use inside the brain, GammaTile Therapy gives patients a head STaRT and new hope in the fight against recurrent brain tumors. It also eliminates the need for traditional treatments and associated hospital or clinic visits, so patients can focus on what matters most—healing.
The neurosurgeon places GammaTile(s) precisely where and when treatment will help the most—immediately after tumor removal.
Radiation is focused right where it is needed and away from healthy brain tissue.
Most patients experience fewer side effects compared to patients who receive other, more-traditional repeat-radiation treatments.[1–3]
There is no need for an extra hospital stay or to travel for additional, ongoing radiation treatments.
Find a GammaTile Therapy Center near you.
Arizona PBS | June 11, 2019 | Implantable brain tumor treatment GammaTile Therapy with Dr. David Brachman.
Minnesota CBS | February 14, 2019 | New brain cancer treatment GammaTile Therapy at University of Minnesota with survivor Linda Tinega.
Arizona CBS | August 14, 2019 | New therapy to slow down brain tumors forever changes Arizona woman's life.
North Carolina WNCT | January 22, 2020 | Vidant, ECU Brody School of Medicine successfully perform first-in-state GammaTile procedure.
Cronkite News Division of Arizona PBS | Oct 22, 2019 | Battling brain tumors with time-released radiation
Patient Testimonial Video | Joan, A survivor treated with GammaTile Therapy
Physician Testimonial Video | Dr. Clark Chen, University of Minnesota
Patient Testimonial Video | Oscar, High-grade glioma survivor
GammaTile Therapy Videos
Learn more about GammaTile Therapy and hear from patients about their treatment experience.
Ohio CBS | August 20, 2019 | Mayfield brain and spine neurosurgeon using new radiation therapy.
“My quality of life has been very good due to the good results I’ve had with GammaTile Therapy. I’m just really thankful that GammaTile Therapy was available because otherwise, I would have had to have another brain surgery.”
Joan | The first patient in Arizona to receive GammaTile Therapy. Watch Joan's video.
GammaTile Therapy Webinar
Watch an in-depth educational webinar about GammaTile Therapy, presented by world-renowned neurosurgeon Dr Joseph Zabramski and hosted by The Musella Foundation. Content includes background, safety and efficacy, surgical placement, a case study, and clinical trial information. Watch the GammaTile Therapy Webinar
Below are the answers to important questions about GammaTile Therapy for people with brain tumors and their caregivers. Please speak with your treatment team to see if GammaTile Therapy is right for you or your loved one.
1. Nakaji P, Youssef E, Dardis C, Smith K, Pinnaduwage D, Brachman D. Surgically targeted radiation therapy: a prospective trial in 79 recurrent, previously irradiated intracranial neoplasms. Poster
presented at: 2019 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting; April 2019; San Diego, CA.
2. Combs SE, Debus J, Schulz- Ertner D. Radiotheraputic alternatives for previously irradiated recurrent gliomas. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:167.
3. Wernicke AG, Smith AW, Taube S, et al. Cesium-131 brachytherapy for recurrent brain metastases: durable salvage treatment for previously irradiated metastatic disease. J Neurosurg.
4. Magill ST, Lau D, Raleigh DR, Sneed PK, Fogh SE, McDermott MW. Surgical resection and interstitial iodine-125 brachytherapy for high-grade meningiomas: a 25-year series. Neurosurgery.
5. Armpilia CI,Dale RG, Coles IP,Jones B,Antipas V. The determination of radiobiologically optimized half-lives for radionuclides used in permanent brachytherapy implants. Int J Radiat Oncol Bio Phys.
GammaTile Therapy is indicated to deliver radiation therapy for patients with newly diagnosed malignant intracranial neoplasms and recurrent intracranial neoplasms. For full safety information, refer to the instructions for use.